Sunday, July 01, 2007

Gone and Forgotten?

My family and I were away on vacation for the past week, (yes, we had a wonderful time, thanks for asking.) and I thought I would do a thoughtful blog post on some of the events that took place while we were away. Those Unitarians (it couldn't be members of the "religion of peace") have been acting up again in the UK. Something seems to have happened to my computer though, and I can't turn it on. My son is being generous enough to share his computer with the rest of us, but I don't want to hog it. So I'd like to recommend a couple of recent pieces over at Jewish World Review. Read one called, Still, the Silence.
A JWR reader — a member of the United Church of Christ — takes to task "leaders and peace activists of mainline Protestant churches in the U.S. who have been ardent supporters of the cause of Palestinian nationalism and vocal critics of Israeli policy, [but] have said little if anything about the violence that resulted in Hamas' brutal takeover of the Gaza Strip"
Then read, Understanding Tyranny and its Enablers.
Balak is brutal, direct and minces no words. The existence of the Jewish people itself is somehow seen as a lethal threat to him and Moab. Bilaam, on the other hand, is suave, cunning, full of sweet words and blessings, but no less inimical to the existence of the Jewish people.


It is the combination of greed and hatred of the Jews that makes Bilaam such a dangerous foe. Whereas Balak seems to be safely ignored by Heaven, not so Bilaam. The Lord "turns" Bilaam so that his curses become blessings. Without G-d's interference, so to speak, Bilaam's true wishes could have been fulfilled.
I hope to get my computer fixed soon. I've got stuff to do on it.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 12:03 PM, Blogger Pen of Jen said...

Mainline Protestant leaders have never found Arab animosity toward Israel all that remarkable. What a disgusting quote. True but disgusting. How on earth a Christian can take this viewpoint is beyond me.

I am a Christian and God makes it very clear who His chosen people are...point blank. It is not up to me to question this, nor second guess it.

I am so sickened by history and the treatment of the Jew. We will be accountable to God for this.

Thanks for the links Harry, I hope you get your computer fixed soon!
Jennifer

 
At 7:29 PM, Blogger Harry said...

The worst part about this, which I would have written about had I been thinking is the number of liberal/progressive Jews who are working against Israel and therefore their own interests. It really is a sick world.

 
At 10:23 PM, Blogger Rita Loca said...

Sorry about the computer problems. Its terrible to be out of the blogasphere!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

<< List
Jewish Bloggers
Join >>
War's legitimate object is more perfect peace. Flavius Vegitius Renatus This is an optional footer. If you want text here, place it inside these tags, and remove this comment.