Saturday, September 13, 2008

Fear of Sarah

SPECIAL NOTE: Normally I write my entries using Firefox. The whole blog is done on Firefox. I notice that when I use Internet Explorer to read it, almost none of my sidebar shows up. Due to the fact that I crashed my computer this past Sunday, I'm creating this post on Internet Explorer. I don't know if that will make a difference when one views this post on Firefox. Thanks to a ton of help from my computer guy neighbor, I should be back to normal (well my computer should be) by tomorrow or Monday . . . or Tuesday. Then I'll look at it on Firefox.

And now, back to our regularly scheduled blog post.

The thing I like best about Sarah Palin is that her entry in the race has caused me to laugh more than I've laughed during any presidential race that I can remember. And it's not just the insane ravings of the Obamatons, who are foaming at the mouth because their savior has been upstaged. Hope and change now seem to be no more than a empty slogans. They've been exchanged for slander, insult, and character assassination, you know, those tactics that we're told are Republican trademarks.

But it's not just the unintenial humor being provided by suddenly panicked leftists. Others are conciously creating clever entertainment by jumping onto the Sarah Palin humor bandwagon. The always dependably sarcastic satirists at The People's Cube have a bunch of posts.

Iowahawk, brilliant as ever, channels an early role model of mine, Bugs Bunny for his parody,
An Open Letter to Sarah Palin

By Wile E. Reporter
National Political Correspondent, MSNBCNNABS
(Medius Vulgaris)

*Knock Knock Knock*

Good afternoon, madam. Allow me to introduce myself: my name is Wile E. Reporter, investigative correspondent for an international network news gathering organization. No doubt you may have seen my award-winning coverage, assuming your igloo is equipped with a satellite dish. No, I am not selling anything nor am I working my way through college, so let's get down to cases. You are a Republican candidate, and I am going to eat you alive. Now don't try to get away! I am more educated, more cunning, faster, and larger than you are... and I'm a genius. In fact, I have not one, but two diplomas from the Acme Correspondence School of Journalism. And you? Why, you could hardly pass the entrance examinations to kindergarten, let alone the vice presidency of a major western democracy. Rather than suffer the inevitable torture of the vetting I am about to give you, I think you will agree that it's best for both of us that we save time and get this over with quickly. I will give you the customary two minutes to say your prayers, and take the "Eagleton option."

*SLAM*

Sigh. Why do they always want to do it the hard way?


And then there's Get Fuzzy. In a bit of inspired madness, Darby Conley has injected a bit of Monty Python into his Sarah Palin commentary. With all of the lame political strips that my comics page suffers from, it is truly refreshing to get real laughs when Get Fuzzy gets political.


SINCE THE STRIP IS SMALL AND HARD TO READ:

ROB: Why do you keep trying to trash Obama? Are you nervous about your boy McCain's Vice-Presidential pick?

BUCKY: He picked someone? Who? Roof Dog Romney? Tom "Cranial Ridge?

ROB: Palin, the gov-

BUCKY: We got Palin?! Victory!!! You got no answer to that! Even Cleese - No - not even Gervais can save your sorry -

ROB: Not Michael Palin, you idiot, Sarah Palin.

BUCKY: Come again?

SATCHEL: Ha! Ha! And now for something completely unexpected!

ROB: Admit it. You're worried about your guy's V.P. choice.

BUCKY: I stand by Palin.

SATCHEL: III'm a Republican and I'm OK. I work all night and I sleep all day!

ROB: Just say it! You'd rather have someone else! Like Whitman! Or Lieberman!

SATCHEL: I'm afraid we're all out of Lieberman, sir.

ROB: Satchel, stop shouting Michael Palin lines! We're talking politics.

SATCHEL: NO-BODY expects the Alaskan politician!

Of course, you do have to be a Monty Python fan to appreciate these strips.

I only hope that Palin and McCain beat Obama and Biden. Then the hilarity will continue for at least the next four years as the deranged MSM and disgusted progressives rend their garments and wear sackcloth and ashes as they flail away in frustration and impotently threaten once again to move to Canada.

Oh yeah, and let's face it. McCain and Palin would make a much better president and VP. Obama would be a disaster for the country and for the free world.

Labels: , , , , , ,

9 Comments:

At 11:08 PM, Blogger MightyMom said...

guess my Python is rusty......

but I must agree whole heartedly with your last sentence.

it's downright frightening.

 
At 7:28 AM, Blogger Rita Loca said...

Thanks for the laughs! It is funny, too bad it is so important though!

 
At 11:01 PM, Blogger Subvet said...

That last sentence is too true.

What I find puzzling is all the attention given Gov. Palin by the left. Hey, she's the VP pick, not the Presidential one. Yet you'd think they'd dropped McCain and put her in. WTF??

 
At 11:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://thekamisama.livejournal.com/397949.html

 
At 9:16 AM, Blogger Rancher said...

I'm loving it. I pray McCain wins for all the right reasons but also to see the left just come unglued.

 
At 1:13 PM, Blogger Rita Loca said...

trust you are doing well...

 
At 9:59 PM, Blogger Rita Loca said...

I am getting a little concerned..trust you are ok??

 
At 8:24 PM, Blogger Harry said...

Jungle Mom,
I'm still here. I didn't mean to worry you. Things got kind of busy around here. I hope to have a new post soon.

 
At 10:31 PM, Blogger Rita Loca said...

Oh good to know! It's the mother in me, I worry..'

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

<< List
Jewish Bloggers
Join >>
War's legitimate object is more perfect peace. Flavius Vegitius Renatus This is an optional footer. If you want text here, place it inside these tags, and remove this comment.