Monday, June 27, 2005

Why Read My Local Newspaper?

The only reason for reading my local paper is being able to read the comics with my morning cereal. Or at least some of the comics. Too many of them are crap. The worst are some of the new ones that attempt political commentary without any understanding of politics. A hatred of G. W. Bush and the Right are credentials enough to offer opinion on the comics page today.

Some strips are consistantly funny. This is a good Get Fuzzy from last Thursday. And it's politically astute. Today's Pearls Before Swine was good for a twisted laugh.

If you haven't read these anti-hysteria posts (which I was directed to by Michelle Malkin) yet, go to Fumento.com for a sober look at why people are NOT losing the war against germs.

For the latest on that other purveyor of phony documentaries, Morgan Spurlock, go to The Shape of Days. Articles like this don't show up in my local paper. That's why it took me 15 minutes to read my morning paper, not including the comics, but I've just spent an hour blogging. I'll blog again later in the day. I'm done with the paper.

And yet, having my morning paper is so ingrained in my psyche, I can't summon the will to cancel my subscription. My wife and kids do read parts of it, so there's another rationalization for continuing the subscription.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 3:09 PM, Blogger Rancher said...

I read my local paper for local news and to see what tripe the nation is being fed. Like you I get most of my facts from Blogs.

 
At 7:59 PM, Blogger Harry said...

That reminds me of a post I was going to do Saturday. I'm doing it now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

<< List
Jewish Bloggers
Join >>
War's legitimate object is more perfect peace. Flavius Vegitius Renatus This is an optional footer. If you want text here, place it inside these tags, and remove this comment.