Monday, February 05, 2007

Frank Zappa on the Steve Allen Show

I've recently discovered YouTube. I've known it was there and I've viewed things based on emails and other people's suggestions, but then I started searching. I've seen videos featuring John Coltrane, Miles Davis, Thelonious Monk, and other of my jazz favorites. Today I dug deep into the Frank Zappa section and came up with a two parter. Here is the first part. Here is the second part. A young Frank Zappa (at age 23, I believe) is featured on a segment of the Steve Allen Show. This is a must see for all Zappa fans, and for all Steve Allen fans. You have to give Steve Allen a lot of credit for allowing the unknown Zappa to perform this piece of music. He really was generous in exposing new talent to the TV audience. And seeing the poise minus the extreme sarcasm young Frank demonstrates is impressive.

Go and watch.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<< List
Jewish Bloggers
Join >>
War's legitimate object is more perfect peace. Flavius Vegitius Renatus This is an optional footer. If you want text here, place it inside these tags, and remove this comment.