Saturday, May 26, 2007

Islamic Moderation and the Pew Survey

By now everyone has weighed in on the Pew survey on Islamic extremsim. I'm not sure there's much left to say. The enablers of Islamism try to spin the results in order to lull us into complacency. We shouldn't worry about that "tiny minority of extremists". As Imam Elahi says in this Detroit News report,
"Our tradition leaves no place and no justification for suicide bombings," said Imam Mohammed Ali Elahi, the leader of the Islamic House of Wisdom in Dearborn Heights.

"I think that if other Americans read this stuff they'll say, 'Wow, and they are right next door.' " Elahi said. "But I am 17 years in this country and I haven't faced any young individuals who say it is OK in Islam to have a suicide bomb and to support suicide bombings."
Obviously if Elahi hasn't seen it, it doesn't exist. After all, he's been in this country for 17 years. Why doesn't that comfort me? The fact that news outlets can report on this survey and not find it the least bit interesting that Islam is the only religion that promotes this kind of violence as they try to put a happy face on it is mind boggling.

Actually it may not be the only religion. Read this report by Iowahawk. I first read it on Little Green Footballs.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 10:57 AM, Blogger Rita Loca said...

Egads! Being a baptist, this is frightening! We have already been singled out by Lutherans in the past!

"It remains ironic that Luther and Calvin and Catholics all hated the Anabaptists and persecuted them, mostly because Anabaptists took a radical view of religion and politics. They wanted total freedom of beliefs, and even the right to live apart from the political world if they should so choose, kind of like Amish do today. They also believed in baptizing adults, not children, which was anathema to the Catholics, Lutherans, and Calvinists."
I do believe the Missouri Synod Luther's to be much more open minded.

 
At 4:25 PM, Blogger Pen of Jen said...

I would think that the cow tipping would have received a higher stat.(as a former farm girl myself!)

How the MSM remains indifferent to real news reporting I will never Know. As the country housing so many infidels we are serious trouble when they decide to turn our country into a suicide bombing country, like they have done in Israel.

Great Post!

 
At 9:18 AM, Blogger Michael said...

Harry:
I went to school in Dearborn, and I recall an actuall Hamas recruiting booth at a "multicultural" fair there...

Scary.

As a Jew and Zionist, I tended to keep my opinions relatively quiet at that school...

Thanks for coming by my blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

<< List
Jewish Bloggers
Join >>
War's legitimate object is more perfect peace. Flavius Vegitius Renatus This is an optional footer. If you want text here, place it inside these tags, and remove this comment.