Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Recommended Reading

One of the bravest women in the world is Ayan Hirsi Ali. While craven leaders throughout Europe, The United States, and Israel blindly bank on appeasement (a tactic that throughout history has repeatedly failed), she's been facing down the Jihadist monster for years.

I recently read her book, Infidel. You should read it too. I'm not going to offer a review here. Both professional and amateur reviews are all over the web. I just want to mention a couple of things that struck me while reading the book. I was amazed that people actually grow to adulthood in Somalia and other oppressive (I mean really oppressive, not Leftist oppressive) countries. Growing up in the U.S., I've been sheltered from that kind of existence. I'm not sure I would have survived.

The way women are treated in Islamic society was also disturbing. I'm adding my voice to those who have already demanded to know why none of the mainstream feminist/women's rights organizations have examined the plight of women in Islam. I would also add the so-called human rights organizations. Where are their denunciations of the daily human rights violations, not to mention the religious and gender apartheid mandated under Sharia law in the Muslim world? These self-proclaimed rights organizations pompously pretend to speak truth to power, but their big mouths remain shut when there are possible consequences for opening them.

There is a portion of the book where Ali travels to a refugee camp to rescue some family members. Read the description of how real refugees in real refugee camps are forced to fight for survival by an uncaring world community. Compare that to the billions of dollars squandered on the people who call themselves Palestinians.

If there is any justice in this world, one day Ayaan Hirsi Ali will be properly recognized as a hero.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 7:47 PM, Blogger Rita Loca said...

I have not read this yet but several people have recommended it, and now you. So I must go out and buy it!

 
At 8:18 PM, Blogger Harry said...

It truly is an amazing book. She's had quite a life.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

<< List
Jewish Bloggers
Join >>
War's legitimate object is more perfect peace. Flavius Vegitius Renatus This is an optional footer. If you want text here, place it inside these tags, and remove this comment.