Thursday, December 27, 2007

More Leftist Insanity

I've often thought that being Jewish, you're damned if you do and damned if you don't. No matter what you do or don't do, someone somewhere will condemn you for it and ascribe it to a sinister Jewish conspiracy. This is doubly true if you're an Israeli Jew. Over at LGF, I found a link to this article, which demonstrates my thesis perfectly.
A research paper that won a Hebrew University teachers' committee prize finds that the lack of IDF rapes of Palestinian women is designed to serve a political purpose.

The abstract of the paper, authored by doctoral candidate Tal Nitzan, notes that the paper shows that "the lack of organized military rape is an alternate way of realizing [particular] political goals."

The next sentence delineates the particular goals that are realized in this manner: "In the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, it can be seen that the lack of military rape merely strengthens the ethnic boundaries and clarifies the inter-ethnic differences - just as organized military rape would have done."

The paper further theorizes that Arab women in Judea and Samaria are not raped by IDF soldiers because the women are de-humanized in the soldiers' eyes.
The truly sickening aspect of this so-called research paper is that it was written and then rewarded by Israeli academics. I'd heard about the insane, leftward, delusional tilt at Israeli universities, but I can't even find words strong enough to describe how bizarre this is. This is worse than anything I've read about coming out of American universities.
"It is noteworthy," Lord concludes, "that Palestinian propaganda around the world frequently accuses Israelis of murder and rape. Such that this situation is unique: An army is found blameworthy of rape, and is also blameworthy of not raping."

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 2:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well of course Harry I am not surprised! Come on the scapegoat has been going on for thousands of years.

I am sickened when I read a professing Christian feeling this way about the Jew. As a Christian I recognize God's Chosen people, as it is not hard to understand if one just reads the Old Testament.


I cannot understand except that all has been foretold for thousands of years.

By the way Happy Hanakah(sp)

I appreciated your tip on penofjen...as I can't believe I did not think of it...
Happy New Year
Jennifer

 
At 3:00 PM, Blogger Rita Loca said...

The paper further theorizes that Arab women in Judea and Samaria are not raped by IDF soldiers because the women are de-humanized in the soldiers' eyes.

Ridiculous!!

 
At 9:46 PM, Blogger Harry said...

Jennifer,
It's more sickening than you think. I'm pretty sure these are Jewish academics making these insane pronouncements. I'm going to add a link to Israel Academic Watch.

Jungle Mom,
It truly is ridiculous, but how do you deal with that kind of insanity?

I hope you both had a Merry Christmas. And have a happy New Year.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

<< List
Jewish Bloggers
Join >>
War's legitimate object is more perfect peace. Flavius Vegitius Renatus This is an optional footer. If you want text here, place it inside these tags, and remove this comment.