Friday, October 10, 2008

Just for Fun

I've been sort of overwhelmed these past few weeks. I've made myself a victim of overscheduling. Something had to give. But now I'm back, or at least as back as I can be.

But since there's not much going on these days, even though I've heard rumors of some sort of election, and whispers of strange goings on in the economic sector, and rumblings from various dictatorships having something to do with nuclear energy, I found a couple of great Youtube videos.

The first one is a duet between Dizzy Gillespie and Louis Armstrong. I'm guessing it's from the Jackie Gleason Show because he shows up late in the video behind Satch and Dizzy. I knew that Satch got over his distaste for Be-Bop, but I never knew that he and Diz played ever played together.



This next one was also a surprise; Groucho Marx, doing his You Bet Your Life, with a mystery guest. Or at least, the guest is probably a mystery to most of those below a certain age. To those of us who are privileged enough to remember back that far, this is a delight. You don't find much comedy of this caliber from any age.

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

At 2:37 PM, Blogger Rita Loca said...

it may be best to stay busy and not know what is happening out there in the big, bad, world.
Nice to unwind with some nostalgia!

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

Well, hellllooooo there! You were so overscheduled you were hiding under a rock or something.

Must be nice. Good to see ya again.

 
At 8:58 PM, Blogger Harry said...

I was even hoping to add another post today. Oh well, maybe tomorrow.

 
At 12:42 AM, Blogger MightyMom said...

awesome! can't wait to get home to a computer with speakers so I can listen to it!

I found a video on youtube had Ray charles...Jerry Lee Lewis...AND...Fats Domino..rocking onstage together. wow-o!

 
At 11:10 PM, Blogger Rancher said...

Great. My son and his buddy reconfigured my computer and now can't get the sound card to work.

 
At 9:21 PM, Blogger Harry said...

I learned a lot recently when I crashed my computer. You might be able to get your sound back if you go to the website of your motherboard maker and download the audio driver for your model - if your sound card is part of your mother board. That's what I ended up doing. The part that is really hurting though is that I lost a lot of my daughter's photos, and I don't think we're going to be able to get them back.

 
At 9:10 AM, Blogger Rancher said...

Lost photos! That sucks, backup, backup, backup. I have a sound card I had purchased but the on-line drivers don't seem to work. Can't find the originals or anything else as we have just completed a move. If I get off my but I should be able to get it to work but my time off is spent fixing up our huge house that's been rented, and wrecked, for the last ten years.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

<< List
Jewish Bloggers
Join >>
War's legitimate object is more perfect peace. Flavius Vegitius Renatus This is an optional footer. If you want text here, place it inside these tags, and remove this comment.