Sunday, March 20, 2005

Loud Dreams

As the dream began I was watching The Twilight Zone or the Slumberland equivalent. I dream in color, something I understand most people don't do, but since it was the original Twilight Zone, the TV was in black and white.

As the show neared its climax, a nurse was about to open a door that she shouldn't open. I, as the viewer knew that trouble was coming, and so did the guy in the show who began to scream warnings at her.

Suddenly, I was the guy screaming at her. I yelled out, "No, no!"

Then I woke up. My wife was awake. Her look told me that it was my yelling in my sleep that woke her. My son had also been awakened. My daughter sleeps through anything. She missed the fun. I apologized and managed to hold in my laughter as I described the dream to my wife and son. We all went back to sleep, but my wife may have been a bit shaken. I apologized again in the morning.

This reminds me of once about 10 years ago, when my son was around five or six. He talked in his sleep a lot. One night he yelled out, "Dad, come here!"

Being awakened from a sound sleep like this was startling so I ran to his room. "What's the matter?" I asked.

"What's an animal that jumps?" he asked me.

"What?"

"What's an animal that jumps?"

"I don't-"

"Just tell me a kangaroo."

"OK, a kangaroo."

"Thanks, Dad."

"You're welcome."

Of course he was asleep during this entire conversation, and when I asked him about it in the morning, he didn't remember a thing.

According to my mother, my father talks in his sleep sometimes. Heredity or coincidence? You decide!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 2:52 PM, Blogger Harry said...

Um, I think this blog may be my project, unless it's the comic book I started this past summer and probably won't finish until next summer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

<< List
Jewish Bloggers
Join >>
War's legitimate object is more perfect peace. Flavius Vegitius Renatus This is an optional footer. If you want text here, place it inside these tags, and remove this comment.