Saturday, January 03, 2009

Worth a Thousand Words and Then Some

Jungle Mom always has a great selection of Saturday morning cartoons from around the Web. This week she ran some Dry Bones. One cartoon in particular, hit me.



I've had this argument with people. Yes, most of the world is currently outraged that Israel dare defend itself against the terrorist thugs of Hamas. If you've seen some of the videos of protests in London, Ft. Lauderdale, and San Francisco, you have to ask, is the majority always right? When it comes to moral issues, I say, absolutely not. During an argument once, I was asked, "You mean, Israel and the United States are right and the rest of the world is wrong?" I said, "Yes." There was no answer.

Israel is still right. We've welcomed a lot of Islamic antisemitism into the United States though, just as they have in Europe. The more of it we allow, and it's already expressed in the videos, the more of it we will have. There is an unwillingness among most people to admit that we've invited something hateful and poisonous to dwell among us. Rather than fight it, because that takes vision and effort, a lot of people are joining it. It's easier to scapegoat the Jews than to battle the real enemy. As always, in the end, it won't be only the Jews who suffer. Fight back, we must.

For more Dry Bones, visit The Dry Bones Project. It's worth you time.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 10:54 PM, Blogger MightyMom said...

I remember hearing a quote...I'm not going to get it just right...but the gist is this

When the Nazi's went after the Jews I didn't fight for them because I wasn't a Jew

When the Nazi's went after the gays I didn't fight for them because I wasn't gay

When the Nazi's went after....I didn't fight for them because I wasn't....

(there were 4 or 5 examples)

When the Nazi's came after me there was no one left to fight for me.



we must stand together against evil....or evil will divide us and take us down one by one.

 
At 4:33 AM, Blogger Rita Loca said...

You are so correct about Dry Bones. he always gets it right in four panels!

 
At 8:32 AM, Blogger Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

Well, and God gets it. If we'd all just listen to God every now and then. I feel like Israel is on replay constantly. I wish the world would just get that these terrorists are just trying to wear Israel down bit by bit until there isn't a grain of sand left that the Jews can call home.

(shudder)

 
At 10:04 AM, Blogger MightyMom said...

Thesaurus Thursday 2009 is up and running! I'd love it if you stopped by

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

<< List
Jewish Bloggers
Join >>
War's legitimate object is more perfect peace. Flavius Vegitius Renatus This is an optional footer. If you want text here, place it inside these tags, and remove this comment.