Thursday, March 18, 2010

Divorced at Age 10

This little girl got out. She was granted her divorce. I bet there are thousands of others throughout the lands under enlightened rule of the Religion of Peace (and child abuse) that haven't been as lucky.
Judge Abdo cannot conceal his surprise.

“You want a divorce?”

“Yes.”

“But... you mean you’re married?”

“Yes!”

His features are distinguished. His white shirt sets off his olive skin. But when he hears my reply, his face darknes. He seems to have trouble believing me.

“I want to get divorced!”

“At your age? How can you already be married?”

Without bothering to answer his question, I repeat in a determined voice: “I want a divorce.” I don’t sob, not even once, while speaking to him. I feel trembly, but I know what I want: I want an end to this hell. I’ve had enough of suffering in silence.

“But you’re so young and frail,” he murmurs.

I look at him and nod. He starts nervously scratching his mustache. If only he’ll agree to save me! He’s a judge, after all. He must have lots of power.

“And why do you want a divorce?” he continues in a more natural tone, as if trying to hide his astonishment. I look him straight in the eye. “Because my husband beats me.” It’s as if I had slapped him right in the face. His expression freezes again. He has just realized that something serious has happened to me and that I have no reason to lie to him.

Point-blank, he asks me an important question: “Are you still a virgin?”
I swallow hard. I’m ashamed of talking about these things. It’s deeply upsetting. In my country, women must keep their distance from men they don’t know. And this is the first time I’ve ever seen this judge. But in that same instant I understand that if I want to win, I must take the plunge.

“No. I bled.”

He’s shocked. Abruptly, I have the feeling that of the two of us, he is the one who’s flinching. I can see his surprise, see him trying to conceal his emotions.

Then he takes a deep breath and says, “I’m going to help you.”
Not all women seeking a divorce are as lucky.

Where are the "human rights" activists when you need them? Oh yeah, why bother gathering outrage if you can't blame the problem on Israel, Zionists, or Jews?

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 11:07 PM, Blogger Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

Just shocking. :(

 
At 4:09 PM, Blogger MightyMom said...

thanks for sharing...I think

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

<< List
Jewish Bloggers
Join >>
War's legitimate object is more perfect peace. Flavius Vegitius Renatus This is an optional footer. If you want text here, place it inside these tags, and remove this comment.