Friday, July 27, 2007

Going to the Airport

My wife and I got up bright and early this morning to take my daughter to the airport. She's visiting her uncle for the weekend in New York. We got there two hours early as is suggested. I always do that and I usually end up with plenty of time to read in the airport as I wait to board. My daughter was traveling as an unaccompanied minor so there were a few more hoops to jump through. This was also a busy travel day, so, while we made it with time to spare, it still took longer than normal.

As I was taking my shoes off to go through the metal detector though, I was guilty of an "Islamophobic" thought. Back in the olden days of airline travel, the airport was open to everyone. I remember taking my grandmother to the airport, walking her to the gate without being challenged, and then watching the plane take off from the terminal deck. This was in the days before Nobel Peace Prize winner Yassir Arafat began his career as a psychopathic terrorist, and long before he inspired other Islamic terrorists (oops! there I go again! good thing I don't work for the British government) to outdo him and his minions in the murder and mayhem game.

I was thinking, how is it again that Muslims are one of America's greatest strengths? Maybe I'm not smart enough, but I just don't get it.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At 7:08 PM, Blogger Pen of Jen said...

I am guilty of the same thoughts. Hope that your daughter has a great time!!!

 
At 7:36 AM, Blogger Rita Loca said...

International travel is very nerve wracking, and I get angry at the terrorists when I have to take out my laptop and all that!!! And now the liquids! Arrgg!

 
At 10:48 AM, Blogger Harry said...

And don't forget having to remove your shoes. You two both sound like you're having politically incorrect "islamophobic" thoughts. Report to your local imam so you can be reprogrammed. Or repeat after me. "Islam is a religion of peace. Islam is a religion of peace. Islam is a religion of peace. Islam is a religion of peace . . . "

Ah, forget it. It doesn't matter how many times you hear it or say it, it's still a lie.

 
At 9:19 PM, Blogger Quill of Bill said...

Harry,

penofjen (my wife) help me find others to share the Tagging wealth. Your blog was foremost.

Skip over to quillofbill to see what the tag is about.

Bill

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

<< List
Jewish Bloggers
Join >>
War's legitimate object is more perfect peace. Flavius Vegitius Renatus This is an optional footer. If you want text here, place it inside these tags, and remove this comment.