Thursday, February 19, 2009

The Argument

Thanks to advances in the Internet, I can get into arguments with people anywhere the world, at any time, and for as long as I'm interested in banging my head against a wall. As if there weren't enough ways to waste time already on the computer. I wasted a good amount of time on this one. The argument had already begun. I was merely watching it on The Jungle Hut (and I can't seem to find the post that the argument took place on). But then, words were printed that I couldn't ignore from an Algerian Muslim woman named Lilia. It was some of the same sick anti-Semitic crap that I've heard before, and I couldn't just let it go.

The debate continued here on Conservative Outrage. And I shouldn't have even been a participant there. I accidently linked over from Blowing San #1. Nobody told me that the debate had moved there. But the argument did continue until the Muslim woman decided that I was an islamphobic, bigoted dunce who was too stupid and hateful to admit the truth of her words. Of course, her words were idiotic. There is a huge population who would agree with her though. They have other problems too.

I only thought the debate had ended though. Lilia snuck up on me here where once again I proved my duncehood and hatefulness. Maybe she thought one more attack on my stupidity would do the trick.

Of course, it didn't. I proved to be much too thick.

I did accuse her repeatedly of being anti-Semitic, a charge she denied. After all, she didn't hate Jews, and she wasn't blaming all of the problems of the world on Jews, but on Zionists. Recently though, the reality of "anti-Zionism" has been exposed.

I don't want to rehash the entire argument here. But basically, according to her, it was the Israeli Mossad who assassinated JFK and who brought down the World Trade Center. Furthermore, Mohammed did not ethnically cleanse the Arabian peninsula of Jews. Jews somehow corrupted Islamic scripture when it came to that unfortunate episode. To be fair, she only compared Israelis to Nazis once. The argument was also joined by a woman from NYC, who also tried desperately to help me understand the truth, but I proved to be much too pigheaded for even the two of them combined.

The thing is, I was able to answer their arguments while they ignored most of mine, preferring to bring new charges against Israel and the Zionists (not Jews). In fact, Lilia claimed to know the difference between real Jews and Zionist Jews. I was less than kind to her in my response to that moronic, insulting claim. In my sudden doubt as to whether I was a real Jew according to her Islamic standards, I pressed her on the subject. For some reason, she backed down on that one.

Except for the one regarding the Jews of Arabia, I'd heard all of these claims before and read some of the twisted thought behind them, so I know the bizarre claims that are out there. And I know that a lot of people, not only in the Islamic world, but all over the world believe that crap. That's the worst part of it. But don't try to convince me that this idiocy is real. Don't try to convince me that the psychotic killers of Hamas and Hezbollah are the moral equivalents of the IDF. And just crawl away quickly before blaming Zionists - not Jews - for the problems in the Middle East and the Muslim world.

One thing I take care to do on mine or any other blog that I comment on, is to not use my anonymity to say things that I wouldn't say to a person's face. So when Lilia made the insane claim that Jews - oh wait - I mean Zionists, were at least partially responsible for the Holocaust, I did get a bit excited, but I thought I showed great reserve. Had we been face to face, I probably would have gotten even more insulting.

I called Lilia anti-Semitic because to her, Jews were not people, rather, they are a collection of stereotypes, scapegoats who cause no end of trouble for everyone. And she has the audacity to think she can decide who is and who isn't a real Jew? To her, the real ones deny the legitimacy of Israel. Imagine that. To her, my avarice and hook nose wouldn't be enough to pass her "Jew test".

I decided at that point that it wasn't up to her, or me, or anyone else in the world to judge the legitimacy of the State of Israel, the one Jewish nation on the planet, and the only one whose legitimacy is questioned - even though we're told that this opposition has nothing to do with anti-Semitism. Right. I brought up some of the real atrocities in the world that are being ignored because they don't involve Jews defending themselves. There were no responses from either Lilia or Elizabeth, the woman form NYC.

That's something else I've noticed in this debate, when I've had it with Israel bashers and non-anti-semites who blame all the evils in the world on Zionists or the Mossad, but not the Jews; when you ask them the tough questions, they have no logical answer. And when they have no arguments left, they always resort to name calling. It's happened to me every time I've engaged any of these dopes in debate.

As for being called an islamophobe. Let's look at it this way. Anti-Semites create paranoid fantasies where Jews, or Zionists, or the Mossad are part of some insidious conspiracy to take over the world, or spread Zionism, or oppress the "Palestinians" or control the government. It used to be contained in the fetid fever swamps of delusional weirdos on the fringes of society. But now, thanks to the advance of Islam into the West, and their willing progressive dupes in the media and on college campuses, it's become another respected point of view. And that does have me concerned.

"Islamophobes" merely read the news and pay attention to the depravities being committed by Muslims around the world. And we take them seriously instead of trying to excuse them in fits of multicultural "understanding". And we certainly don't believe it when a Canadian newspaper can find no pattern in the arrests of suspects in a terror plot who all just happen to be Muslims. Nor do we ignore the fact that French "youths" who are torching cars every night in the suburbs of Paris are Muslims. Reports like this and this and this and this just from the past two days on Little Green Footballs help to fuel the fire of distrust of the Muslims world in this islamophobe. It doesn't even include the anti-Israel aspects of professional women's tennis that LGF and Debbie Schlussel are reporting on. And if you notice, Islam or Muslims are never responsible for any evil done by Muslims in the name of Islam, never ever. It's not a Muslims man's fault he can't control his sexual urges. It's the fault of women, who must be covered from head to to in a shapeless garment so nobody can know who or what is under it.

OK, so that's only true in some Islamic countries. In others, women can show their faces. Wow, that's a huge step toward freedom!

So with all of the vicious hatred coming from the Muslim world, I will continue to be on my guard, and I will continue to stand up for the one democracy in the Middle East, the one Jewish country in the world, no matter how much anyone with a morally inverted view of the world tries to convince me with their mental gymnastics and delusional thinking that good is evil and evil is good.

Labels: , , , , , ,

7 Comments:

At 8:57 PM, Blogger Rita Loca said...

Harry, I took down the post because I was getting so many awful comments and some with links to blogs that had such vile antisemitic filth. One went over and left a comment on my youngest daughters blog with a link to terrible photos of Gaza.
Also, due to my upcoming move to a 'hot spot' I need to be cautious for my family's sake.\Which really annoys me!!!

 
At 8:59 PM, Blogger MightyMom said...

oh geez, you got into it with Liz huh?

she's a pea brain.

I don't know the lilia person..don't want to by the sound of it.

my hubby has a saying for folks like these.

"My mind is made up! Don't confuse me with the facts."

 
At 9:24 PM, Blogger Harry said...

Jungle Mom,
You mentioned earlier that you might expunge the post. The insanity is growing and your family has to come first.

MightyMom,
I noticed that Pops is quite patient with Liz, like he's trying to explain the world to a young child. I couldn't help myself. I was sarcastic, but I don't think I was rude, even when she was calling me names.

 
At 7:25 AM, Blogger Rita Loca said...

Pops will win an award for his tolerance!! I do not know how he manages,lol!

 
At 10:46 AM, Blogger Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

Two words: spiritual darkness.

:[

 
At 12:42 PM, Blogger Subvet said...

Harry, you've a lot of patience. I only had a few exchanges with the Algerian numbskull before I had to bail. My head hurt everytime I read the garbage she and Elizabeth spewed.

The Jews are the Chosen People of God, the birth of Christianity never negated that. Like any favored child in a family, that distinction can be a two edged sword. They'll be forgiven much but at the same time more will be required of them than any other children of God.

That originally came from an Irish-American Roman Catholic member of my family. Seems right on target sometimes.

 
At 4:13 PM, Blogger Harry said...

Jungle Mom,
Pops seems like the "kindly grandfather" type to me.

Mrs. C
I think you're right. And the darkness is spreading.

Subvet,
I was patient up to a point.Like I said, face to face, I might have been more abrupt.

As for being chosen, it's funny, but I used to scoff at that notion. But the more I've read of history, and the more I look around me, it's harder to escape.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

<< List
Jewish Bloggers
Join >>
War's legitimate object is more perfect peace. Flavius Vegitius Renatus This is an optional footer. If you want text here, place it inside these tags, and remove this comment.