Saturday, May 28, 2005

Why I Love the Blogosphere aka Why My Local Newpaper has Become Irrelevent

In the blogosphere (fast becoming, for me at least, synonymous with the Internet) I can read news and commentary by; Michelle Malkin, Victor Hanson, Orson Scott Card, Mark Steyn, Ann Coulter, James Lileks, Thomas Sowell, Melanie Phillips, Walter Williams, Mona Charen, Jeff Jacoby, Jonah Goldberg, Charles Krauthammer, Daniel Pipes, Oriana Fallaci, Martin Kramer, Dennis Prager, Jonathan Tobin, and others. Contributers to one site offer leads to intriguing reading at other sites. I can bounce from blog to blog, from website to website until my wife and kids are begging me to get off because they have business and schoolwork to do on the computer. I can laugh along with the jokers at IMAO and Iowahawk, not to mention the rich archives of jokes and cartoons scattered around the Internet.

In my local newspaper, I can read articles extoling the peacemaking skills of Abbas, while ignoring the continued Palestinian terrorist attacks and constant incitement to violence in the Palestinian mosques and schools. These same articles question Sharon's dedication to peaceful coexistance, because, as a Jew, he dares defend his country against terror. I can read the same tired canard of Bush/Cheney/Rove/Rumsfeld deceit that has gotten us into an "Iraqi quagmire" without an "exit strategy". Even the comics page has lost some of its luster. Too many "cartoonists" can't draw or write.

Yes, there is the most foul, disgusting, racist crap on the internet also. I can avoid it though, or I can go to the racist, anti-semitic, pro-jihad sites to see what they're really saying. My local newspaper won't tell me, so I have to find out on my own.

Good bye local newspaper.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<< List
Jewish Bloggers
Join >>
War's legitimate object is more perfect peace. Flavius Vegitius Renatus This is an optional footer. If you want text here, place it inside these tags, and remove this comment.