Thursday, February 22, 2007

Quoting Neal Boortz

Up until a few minutes ago, I'd never heard of Neal Boortz. He's got a new book out, available at Borders, and everywhere else that sells books, I'm sure. I don't know if I'll buy it, but I do like this tiny excerpt that Borders prints from his book. And here is an excerpt from that excerpt:
I can't speak for you, but I am an individual. I exist for me, my family, and friends—not for the state. I have individual likes and dislikes, wants and needs. Like you, I am unique not merely a stamped-out variation on some larger group template.

Government exists to protect my rights, not to order my life. And I damn sure don't exist to serve government.

Every single person in this country should loudly proclaim his or her status as a unique and rare human being. We should loudly reject the group classifications that the left tries to force on us.

If this book accomplishes nothing else, perhaps it will wake you up to the reality of the leftist war against your status as a sovereign human being. This has been going on since the days of Lenin, and Hillary Clinton and Ted Kennedy carry the torch today.

You are not a tool of the state. You are not to be used as political cannon fodder for the elevation of a politician or political movement. You belong to you, certainly not to the government. Reclaim your ownership of yourself, and let these politicians know that you recognize and reject their war on the individual.
And here is another quote I like from Boortz' website. It's by Alexander Tyler, who was writing about the fall of the Athenian Empire.
"A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves money from the public treasure. From that moment on the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most money from the public treasury, with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's great civilizations has been two hundred years. These nations have progressed through the following sequence: from bondage to spiritual faith, from spiritual faith to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependency, from dependency back to bondage."

1 Comments:

At 2:24 PM, Blogger Lee the Bee said...

I enjoyed the quotes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

<< List
Jewish Bloggers
Join >>
War's legitimate object is more perfect peace. Flavius Vegitius Renatus This is an optional footer. If you want text here, place it inside these tags, and remove this comment.